We've always got new things cooking at Campbell
Find our latest media releases, fact sheets and more below. For more information or requests for product, images or interviews, please contactMEDIA@CAMPBELLSOUP.COM
- For US newsroom CLICK HERE
Latest TweetsFollow @CAMPBELLCANADA
- CampbellCanada @CAMPBELLCANADA - 19h
- Bring a Campbell’s can to the @TOXmasMkt Giving Pantry! For every can Campbell’s will donate $1 to @DailyBreadTO up… https://t.co/zC83HMadRV
- CampbellCanada @CAMPBELLCANADA - 1h
- @YashYanthi we love to hear you're loving our Pho Broth! Enjoy!
- CampbellCanada @CAMPBELLCANADA - 1h
- RT @YashYanthi: Discovered this a couple weeks ago and I'm totally hooked. Stocked up! ♥️ #notsponsored https://t.co/XmkdspFepV
Happy 80th Birthday Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup
The Classic Favourite, Originally Launched as "Noodle with Chicken" Soup, Celerbates Eight Decades of Delighting Families With Every Bowl.
TORONTO, ON, January 15, 2014 - As we celebrate the start of 2014 and national soup month, Campbell Company of Canada is also celebrating the 80th birthday of its iconic Campbell's® Condensed Chicken Noodle soup. Launched in the United States in 1934, it would make its way to Canada two years later in 1936. Originally named "Noodle with Chicken" soup, it was the first soup of its kind and an important innovation for the food industry. It has remained a delicious favourite in Canadian kitchens ever since. Today, almost one out of every six Canadian households buy Campbell's Condensed Chicken Noodle soup.
Campbell's Condensed Chicken Noodle soup was created by the company's head chef, Ernest Lacoutiere, alongside several other varieties, as a tasty and affordable dish. More than 17.7 million cans of Condensed Chicken Noodle soup are now made in our Toronto soup plant each year.
"We have been delighting Canadians with our classic Chicken Noodle soup for close to eighty years," said Philip Donne, President, Campbell Canada. "This delicious soup starts with fresh noodles made right here in Toronto, and includes quality ingredients and no artificial flavours or colours."
The Story Behind the Name
Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup has established itself as part of Canadian culture since its introduction in 1936. Here are a few of the key milestone events that have contributed to its rich heritage:
- In 1934, Campbell changed the game by introducing the famed Noodle with Chicken soup. Two years later, the instant family favourite began production at Campbell Canada's Toronto-based soup plant, the same plant that makes it to this very day.
- In 1938, Campbell changed the name of its Noodle with Chicken soup as a result of an advertising mishap on a popular American radio program, when the product was misread as Chicken Noodle soup. Within days of the slip, Campbell began receiving large orders for its new product as it began flying off shelves.
- In 1962, renowned artist Andy Warhol painted the wildly popular 32 Campbell's Soup Cans, which included Chicken Noodle soup, further establishing the brand in pop culture.
Did you know there are 32 feet of noodles is every can of Campbell's Condensed Chicken Noodle soup? To see more fun facts about Campbell's soup visit www.DelightInEveryBowl.ca.
To view the evolution of Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup, including past and present labels, advertisements and slogans (US) visit http://tinyurl.com/HBDChickenNoodle.
To learn more about Campbell's condensed soup products, visit www.campbellsoup.ca.
About Campbell Company of Canada
Campbell Soup Company is a global manufacturer and marketer of high-quality foods and simple meals, including soup and sauces, baked snacks and healthy beverages. Founded in 1869, the company has a portfolio of market-leading brands, including Campbell's®, Pepperidge Farm®, Arnott's® and V8®. With a soup plant located in Toronto, ON, Campbell Company of Canada is a subsidiary of Campbell Soup Company. Through its corporate social responsibility program, the company strives to make a positive impact in the workplace, in the marketplace and in the communities in which it operates. Campbell is a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes. For more information, visit www.campbellsoup.ca.
For more information or requests for product, images or interviews, please contact email@example.com