OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Goldfish Flavour Blasted Contest
1. CONTEST PERIOD. The Goldfish Flavour Blasted contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Campbell Company of Canada (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM (ET) on Monday, October 8, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on Monday, December 31, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period will also be divided into eighty-five (85) Daily Prize Periods (“Daily Prize Period(s)”), each commencing at 12:00:00 AM (ET) and ending at 11:59:59 PM (ET) each day during the Contest Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority at time of entry in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides. Notwithstanding this, the Contest is not open to the employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor, Tracy Locke Canada, Wyng Inc. (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies), and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”). This Contest is also not open to any members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the Contest Parties. In these Official Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods for initiating entry into the Contest. Regardless of entry method, entrants may qualify to receive only one (1) grand prize entry, per day.
The two entry methods are as follows:
b) Contest Entry via URL: To begin the contest entry via URL, visit and complete the Contest Entry Form (“Contest Entry Form”), including your full name, mailing address, phone number, and a valid email address. Upon completion of the Contest Entry Form, you will be eligible to receive one (1) Daily Prize Entry (“the Daily Prize Entry”) in the random draw for Daily prizes one (1) Grand Prize Entry (“the Grand Prize Entry”) in the random draw for the Grand Prize. All Contest Entries must be received on or before 11:59:59 PM (ET) on Monday, December 31, 2018 (the “Contest Closing Date”). Limit of one (1) Contest Entry per person per email address per day. A person may only use one (1) email address to enter the Contest.
Regardless of entry method, entrants may qualify to receive only one (1) grand prize entry, per day.
In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the phone and/or email address at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a cellular telephone number/email account (as applicable) by a service provider. Selected entrants may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the phone and/or email address associated with the selected entry.
DAILY PRIZE DRAW: Daily Prize Draws will be conducted at 12:00:00 PM (ET) each day following the close of the previous day’s Daily Prize Period (as defined in Rule 1) from among all eligible entries submitted within the relevant Daily Prize Period. Daily Prize Draws will begin on Tuesday, October 9, 2018 and end Tuesday, January 1, 2019 (see Rule 1). Entry in one Daily Prize Draw does not carry over as an entry into subsequent Daily Prize Draws. To participate in each Daily Prize Draw, a participant must enter the Contest during each Daily Prize Period. Regardless of method of entry, if, following the close of the Daily Prize Period, you receive an email declaring you a “Potential Winner”, you must click the link contained within the email, which will redirect you to the Contest Site, where you can enter the unique Prize Code provided in the email. You must then correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question within the time period allotted (240 seconds). Upon verification and confirmation as a winner, you will receive a winning message and prize will be awarded (See Rule 7b)
4. GRAND PRIZE DRAW: A random draw will be held on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 (the “Draw Date”) at approximately 11:00 AM (ET) from among all eligible Grand Prize Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules by the Contest Close Date to determine the three (3) Grand Prize selected entrants (each a “Selected Entrant”). Each Selected Entrant will be contacted by telephone within two (2) business days of the Draw Date. If a Selected Entrant: (a) cannot be reached by telephone within five (5) business days of the first attempt; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question (see rule 7a); (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 7a); and/or (d) is otherwise deemed by the Sponsor to be in violation of these Official Rules; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit any and all rights to the applicable Grand Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible Grand Prize Entries. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Selected Entrant.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate Potential Winner among the remaining eligible entries received if Potential Winner fails to respond to within 48 hours of notification or does not comply with these Official Rules. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Potential Winner for confirmation or prize delivery.
6. PRIZES: There will be a total of four hundred twenty-eight (428) prizes (collectively referred to as a “Prize”) available to be won, as follows:
a) GRAND PRIZES: There are a total of three (3) Grand Prizes (the “Grand Prize(s)”) available to be won, each consisting of the following:
- One (1) New Slim PlayStation®4 System
- One (1) PlayStation® Camera for PlayStation®
- One (1) PlayStation® VR Headset
Approximate retail value of each Grand Prize $687 CND.Prize(s) are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Each Grand Prize has no cash surrender value and no expiration date. Grand Prizes cannot be replaced or replenished if lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without your permission and will be voided if altered or defaced.
b) DAILY PRIZES: There are a total of four hundred and twenty-five (425) Daily Prizes (each a “Daily Prize”) available to be won during the Contest Period. There will be a total of five (5) Daily Prizes available to be won in relation to each Daily Prize Period. Each Daily Prize consists of $20 CND Cineplex Canada E-Gift Card. The Cineplex Canada E-Gift Cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Each Gift Card has no cash surrender value and no expiration date. Gift Cards cannot be replaced or replenished if lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without your permission and will be voided if altered or defaced.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution, are not transferable, not for resale and have no cash surrender value, except where required by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that a Prize cannot be awarded as described or for any other reason, to substitute another prize of equal or greater retail value, without liability.
There is a limit of one (1) Daily Prize per person per applicable Daily Prize Period. There is a limit of one (1) Grand Prize per person during the Contest Period. As each Daily Prize Period expires, the number of Daily Prizes available will be reduced accordingly. Odds of winning a Daily Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Daily Prize Period. Correct answer to mathematical skill testing question is required. Odds of being selected for a Grand Prize depends on the total number of eligible Grand Prize Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules by the Contest Close Date and correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question. All Daily Prizes that are won in accordance with the Official Rules during the relevant Daily Prize Period must be redeemed within one year of issuance date, otherwise they will be considered null and void.
None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of a Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from neither the Sponsor or any of the Released Parties should his/her Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting a Prize, each confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
If due to printing, production, online, internet, computer or other error of any kind, more Prizes are claimed than intended to be distributed or awarded according to these Official Rules, then, in addition to having the right to terminate the Contest immediately, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to rescind invalid Prize claims and/or conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible Prize claimants to award the correct number of Prizes. In no event whatsoever will the Sponsor or any of the Released Parties be liable for more than the number, type and value of Prizes as stated in these Official Rules.
7. AWARDING OF PRIZES:
a) GRAND PRIZE: To be declared as a confirmed winner of a Grand Prize, each Selected Entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question posed by telephone. The Selected Entrant will also be required to sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”), which, among other things: (i) confirms compliance with the Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution; (iii) releases the Contest Parties and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, governors, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with the Prize or any portion thereof or this Contest; and (iv) agrees to the use of his/her name, address (city and province/territory) and/or photograph without further notice or remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest. The Release Form will be emailed or couriered to each Selected Entrant and must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and nothing will be substituted in its place. Upon correctly answering the skill testing question and receipt of the duly completed Release Form by a representative of the Sponsor, the Prize will be mailed to the Winner using the address provided on the Release Form, in approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks.
b) DAILY PRIZE: To be declared a winner of Daily Prize, the entrant must have received a email declaring them a “Potential Winner”and the entrant’s answer to the mathematical skill-testing question must be determined to have been correctly answered within the time allotted. Upon verification and confirmation as a winner, the applicable Daily Prize will either be emailed to the confirmed winner at the email address provided at entry.
8. GENERAL: All entries become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries, other materials and/or entrants. By participating in this Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
The Released Parties will not be liable for any damages or loses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of access to and use of the Contest, including without limitation: (i) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (ii) the failure of any entry and/or other information or materials to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or due to late or lost entries sent by mail or otherwise; (iii) any injury or damage to any individual’s or any other person’s or entity’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (iv) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (v) any combination of the above. In no event shall the Sponsor’s total liability to you for all damages, losses or causes of action exceed $100.
Without limiting the foregoing, this Contest and all prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, implied or direct. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitation of implied warranties so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restriction regarding these limitations or exclusions.
The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Official Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Official Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent deemed necessary by the Sponsor, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant, entry and/or other information or materials with these Official Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Except where prohibited by law, the parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest and any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the Province of Ontario, City of Toronto. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in the Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the provincial and federal courts located in or closest to the City of Toronto in the Province of Ontario. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
For Quebec residents only. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
9. LIMITS VERIFICATION: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Sponsor’s official time-keeping device(s).
10. Intellectual property. All intellectual property and all of the
promotional materials, web pages and source code are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized use or copy of any copyrighted material or trademarks without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
11. Posting of winner’s name. Within thirty (30) days of the Draw Date, the Sponsor shall post on the website at [URL TBC]. The Winner’s name (first name and first initial of surname). This information shall stay on this website for a period of at least thirty (30) days.
© 2018 Campbell Company of Canada. All Rights Reserved.
STANDARD MESSAGE & DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sponsor: Campbell Company of Canada. Open only to legal residents of Canada age of majority or older in province of residence. Text BLASTED to 88988 or visit (URL TBC) to complete the online entry form. Contest begins October 8, 2018 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2018. For Official Rules and prize information, visit (URL TBC). Skill-testing question required. SMS-enabled phone and/or access to the Internet is required. Standard message & data rates may apply. Void where prohibited.
PlayStation is not endorsing, sponsoring or otherwise affiliated with this promotion