PC Optimum 1 Million Points Contest
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. CONTEST PERIOD. The Campbell’s PC Optimum 1 Million Points contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Campbell Company of Canada (the “Sponsor”) and offered to consumers in Real Canadian Superstore® or No Frills® stores located in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Yukon, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan. The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM (ET) on March 21, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on April 21, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) who has reached the age of majority at time of entry in the province in which he/she resides. Notwithstanding this, the Contest is not open to the employees, agents or representatives of Sponsor, Tracy Locke Canada, Loblaws Inc., The Mobile Experience Company (the “Administrator”) (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies), and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”). This Contest is also not open to any members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the Contest Parties. In these Official Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse.
You must be a registered PC Optimum member in order to enter this contest. Enrollment is free. To register as a PC Optimum member, please visitpcoptimum.ca/register. By enrolling in the PC Optimum program, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the PC Optimum program, as amended from time to time.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods for initiating entry into the Contest. Regardless of entry method, entrants may qualify to receive only one (1) entry, per day.
The two entry methods are as follows:
b. ENTER WITHOUT PURCHASE: To enter without purchase, entrant must submit a unique handwritten original (not photocopied) 150-word essay on “What are your top 3 favourite Campbell’s products and why?“, (“Essay”) along with their full name, address, telephone number, official PC Optimum member number and valid email address to the address below (the “Contest Address”):
CAMPBELL’S 1 MILLION POINTS CONTEST
PO BOX 250
Pickering, ON L1V 2R4In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the device and/or email address at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a cellular telephone number/email account (as applicable) by a service provider. Selected entrants may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the phone number and/or email address associated with the selected entry.
4. GRAND PRIZE DRAW: A random draw will be held on April 30, 2019 (the “Draw Date”) at approximately 11:00 AM (ET) in Toronto, ON from among all eligible Entries received to determine the fifty (50) Grand Prize selected entrants (the “Selected Entrants”). The Selected Entrants will be contacted by email (or telephone) no later than May 31st, 2019. If a Selected Entrant: (a) cannot be reached by email (or telephone) within five (5) business days of the first attempt; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question (see rule 6); (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 6); and/or (d) is otherwise deemed by the Sponsor to be in violation of these Official Rules; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit any and all rights to the Grand Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. The Sponsor and the other Contest Parties will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Selected Entrant.
5. GRAND PRIZE: There will be fifty (50) Grand Prizes (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won, each consisting of – One Million (1,000,000) PC Optimum points (approximate value of $1000).
The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution.
Odds of being selected for the Grand Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules and having correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question.
6. AWARDING OF GRAND PRIZE:GRAND PRIZE: To be declared as a confirmed winner of the Grand Prize, each Selected Entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill- testing question. The Selected Entrant will also be required to acknowledge and return the Sponsor’s Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”), which, among other things: (i) confirms compliance with the Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded, without substitution; (iii) releases the Contest Parties, their affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, governors, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with the Grand Prize or any portion thereof or this Contest; and (iv) agrees to the use of his/her name, address (city and province/territory) and/or photograph without further notice or remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest. The Release Form will be made available to each Selected Entrant in electronic format (online) and must be acknowledged within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and nothing will be substituted in its place. Upon correctly answering the skill testing question and receipt of the duly completed Release Form by Loblaws Inc. or a third party representing Loblaws Inc., as directed, the prize of 1,000,000 points will be uploaded to the PC Optimum account of the confirmed winner within approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks.
7. GENERAL: All entries become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries, other materials and/or entrants. By participating in this Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
The Released Parties will not be liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of access to and use of the Contest, including without limitation: (i) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (ii) the failure of any entry and/or other information or materials to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or due to late or lost entries sent by mail or otherwise; (iii) any injury or damage to any individual’s or any other person’s or entity’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (iv) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (v) any combination of the above. Any Selected Entrant accepting the Grand Prize agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims with respect to the Grand Prize.
Without limiting the foregoing, this Contest and the Grand Prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, implied or direct. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitation of implied warranties so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restriction regarding these limitations or exclusions.
The Sponsor reserves the right, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Official Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Sponsor reserves the right, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Official Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
The Sponsor reserves the right, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent deemed necessary by the Sponsor, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant, entry and/or other information or materials with these Official Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.Except where prohibited by law, the parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest and any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the Province of Ontario, City of Toronto. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in the Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the provincial and federal courts located in or closest to the City of Toronto in the Province of Ontario. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
8. LIMITS VERIFICATION: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest Administrator’s official time-keeping device(s).
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property and all of the promotional materials, web pages and source code used for or in association with the Contest are owned by the Sponsor, Loblaws Inc., and/or their respective affiliates. Real Canadian Superstore and No Frills are registered trademarks of Loblaws Inc., used under license. PC Optimum is used under license. All rights are reserved. Campbell’s, Chunky, Healthy Request, Everyday Gourmet, Habitant, Pepperidge Farm, Goldfish, and V8 are registered trademarks of Campbell Soup Company and Pepperidge Farm, Inc. Unauthorized use or copy of any copyrighted material or trademarks without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
10. POSTING OF WINNER’S NAME. Within sixty (60) days of the Draw Date, the Sponsor shall post on the website at campbellsoup.ca/PCOcontest. The Winner’s name (first name and first initial of surname). This information shall stay on this website for a period of at least thirty (30) days.
© 2019 Campbell Company of Canada. All Rights Reserved.