Goldfish® x Feed Imagination Contest
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Goldfish® x Feed Imagination Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Campbell Company of Canada (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM (WST) on September 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (EST) on October 13, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) who has reached the age of majority at time of entry in the province/territory in which he/she resides (an “Entrant or entrant”). The Entrant is the adult parent or guardian of the child and not the child. Notwithstanding this, the Contest is not open to the employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor, Zulu Alpha Kilo, Inc. (the “Administrator”), MARS-Philter, Inc. d/b/a the Mars Agency, and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”), including their respective officers, directors, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies.This Contest is also not open to any members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the Contest Parties. In these Official Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods for initiating entry into the Contest. Regardless of entry method, Entrants may receive no more than one (1) entry during the entire Contest Period. The two entry methods are as follows:
- INSTAGRAM: An eligible Entrant must log onto his/her Instagram account and post an original imaginative drawing or original video story of no more than 5 minutes made by his/her minor child/children/legal ward who is under 12 years of age (the “Submission”). The Submission must meet Instagram standards for size and other technical limitations.
- ONLINE: Eligible Entrants should logon to www.feedimagination.ca (the “Website”), complete the required fields on the entry form, including your complete first and last name, valid e-mail address, city, province/territory of residence, postal code and upload your minor child’s/ward’s Submission, as defined in Rule 3A, to receive one (1) eligible Entry into the Contest.
PLEASE NOTE: Each Submission MUST include a clear and conspicuous notice and disclosure that makes clear that the Submission is an entry into a contest. For example, an Entrant may include an audio or written disclosure in their video that states “This video is an entry into a contest sponsored by Campbell Company of Canada” with the #FeedImagination and #Contest. Each Entrant acknowledges that other Submissions may use ideas and/or concepts that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in Entrant’s Submission. Each Entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other Entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
An eligible Submission made on Instagram or an eligible Submission coupled with a properly-completed entry form made on the Website (each, an “Entry”) will receive one (1) eligible Entry into the Contest. Submissions will be moderated for compliance with these Official Rules, but will not otherwise be judged for purposes of determining a potential winner. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per household address to enter the Contest.
If an entrant enters the Contest from a mobile device, the entrant’s wireless service provider may charge the entrant for applicable data charges. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. Message and data rates may apply. Entrants should review their mobile device’s capabilities for specific app instructions.
- ENTRY GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS: Each Submission:
- Must be in English or French;
- A video may not be longer than five (5) minutes and should not include other individuals or music in the video;
- Must comply with Instagram’s posting requirements if Submission is posted on Instagram;
- Must be the original work of the Entrant’s child/ward (not copied, adapted, or reproduced from any other source and not assisted by or in collaboration with any other person) and must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement, or legal or moral rights of any third party, living or deceased (e.g., names, logos, symbols, slogans, Entries that belong to others, Entries of other people, images of other people, quotes from other people, or parodies of other people);
- Must not have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind;
- Must not contain any identifiable personal information;
- Must not disparage Sponsor, Sponsor’s products or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- Must not include any logos, brand names or trademarks other than Sponsor’s, which Sponsor has granted entrant a limited license to use for purposes of this Contest only. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the entrant, if Sponsor believes, in its sole and absolute discretion, that there is any inappropriate use of a logo, brand name, or trademark;
- Must comply with all other Entry Guidelines and Requirements described in this Rule 4 and all other provisions of these Official Rules;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that is dangerous, fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
- any cruelty to, or mistreatment in any way of animals;
- gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
- the use of firearms/weapons/ammunition, any illegal drugs, prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, violence, or the use of alcohol or tobacco products;
- the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenge or seek to overthrow any government;
- Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age;
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created or otherwise promotes any unlawful, illegal, unsafe, dangerous or reckless behavior; and
- Must be reasonably deemed to be a child’s creation or the product of a child’s imagination. Submissions which seem beyond the realm of a child’s experience, understanding or capabilities for their apparent age may be disqualified in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
NOTE: If any Entry fails to comply with any of these Entry Guidelines and Requirements or any other provisions of these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the entrant.
- JUDGING AND WINNER SELECTION: The eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be judged starting on October 16, 2020 at approximately 11:00 AM (ET) at Administrator’s office, 260 King Street East b101 Toronto, Ontario M5A 4L5 by a panel of qualified judges (“Judges”) to determine five (5) potential “Grand Prize” winners and three (3) potential “Story Prize” winners. The Judges will score each Entry according to the following weighted judging criteria (collectively, “Judging Criteria”): (1) Creativity of Entry (is the Entry full of imagination, possibility and wonder) – 50% and (2) Originality of the Entry (is the idea unique and fresh) – 50%. The five (5) Entries receiving the highest total scores from the Judges each will be deemed a potential Grand Prize winner and the next three (3) highest total scores will be a potential Story Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be reviewed by the Judges and the Entry with the highest score in “Creativity of Entry” theme will be named the potential winner.
Each winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Decisions of the Judges, Sponsor, and Administrator are final and binding. Each potential winner will be informed on or about Friday, October 23rd 2020 pursuant to Rule 7.
- PRIZES [Five (5) Grand Prizes and Three (3) Story Prizes]: Each “Grand Prize” will consist of Sponsor featuring the Submission on a billboard or in a digital story in social media, and a $500.00 CAD VISA gift card. Each “Story Prize” will consist of Sponsor featuring the Submission on social media platforms and a $500.00 CAD VISA gift card. The Approximate Total Retail Value of all the prizes in this Contest is $4,000.00 CAD. Gift cards are subject to issuer’s terms and conditions. By accepting a prize winners agree and grant to Sponsor the right to identify their child by the child’s first name, last initial, city and province/territory with use of the Submission.
Accepting a Grand Prize or Story Prize constitutes Entrant’s consent, on behalf of himself/herself and his/her minor child, to grant in perpetuity to the Sponsor and its designees, licensees, successors and assigns full and complete ownership in the Submission, including, but not limited a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, right to use, reproduce, modify, publish, or create derivative works from and display the Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes, and that Sponsor may use Entrant’s name, user name(s), biographical information, and/or likenesses (including, without limitation, profile photo[s]) and first name, last initial of their minor child in connection with the uses described herein. Sponsor reserves the right to make revisions to the Submission as needed for the purpose of the prize and the winner will not have rights to approve such changes.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entrant acknowledges, agrees and warrants that, nothing in the Submission infringes on any copyrights, confidential information, trade secrets or trademarks belonging to any person or entity other than the entrant or their child absent a suitable license, clearance or permission agreement (proof of which is required upon submission), or violates any person’s rights of privacy or publicity and that all necessary releases and permissions have been secured. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Contest Entities and their respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or arise out of any breach by entrant of these Official Rules or the warranties and representations made by entrant in this paragraph. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as an original creation.
Each Grand Prize and Story Prize winner on behalf and his/her minor child represents, understands and acknowledges that he or she will not be paid for or receive any form of compensation or royalty other than the $500.00 CAD gift card included as part of the prize.
Any costs or expenses associated with a Grand Prize and Story Prize not specifically listed here will be the responsibility of the winner. A Grand Prize or Story Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution, is not transferable and has no cash surrender value. Grand Prize winner and Story Prize winner must meet eligibility requirements of these Official Rules. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of Prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of comparable or greater value. All other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, are the responsibility of the winner. All Grand Prize and Story Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize value is an approximation. Any difference between the approximate value and the actual cost of a Grand Prize or a Story Prize will not be awarded. Winner agrees that Sponsor and its promotional partners have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a Grand Prize or Story Prize.
- AWARDING OF A PRIZE: Each potential Grand Prize and Story Prize winner will be contacted by e-mail or Instagram Direct Message by Sponsor or its designee within 7 days after judging is completed. Each potential Grand Prize and Story Prize winner will have 72 hours (3 days) after the e-mail is sent to respond or they forfeit the prize and a new potential winner will be selected. Each potential Grand Prize and Story Prize winner on behalf of himself / herself and his/her minor child will be required to sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release Form (the “Release Form”), which, among other things: (i) confirms compliance with the Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Grand Prize or Story Prize as awarded, without substitution; (iii) transfers ownership of the Submission as set forth in Rule 6, (iv) releases the Contest Parties from any liability in connection with the Grand Prize or Story Prize or any portion thereof or this Contest; and (v) agrees to the use of his/her and his/her minor child’s first name, last name initial, address (city and province/territory) and/or Submission without further notice or remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest. The Release Form will be emailed or couriered to each potential winner and must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Grand Prize or Story Prize, as applicable, will be forfeited in its entirety and nothing will be substituted in its place. Selected winners may be contacted and asked to provide a hard copy/original version of the Submission. If a hard copy of the winning Submission exists, the winning Entrant shall deliver such hard copy to the Sponsor upon Sponsor’s request. Release of the original Submission, if requested, is a condition of being named a confirmed winner of the Contest. Upon receipt of the duly completed Release Form by a representative of the Sponsor, ¬the Visa gift card will be provided to the confirmed winner by the Sponsor within six (6) to eight (8) weeks.
- RELEASE: By entering this Contest, each entrant understands and agrees that the Contest Parties, Instagram, LLC, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) will not be liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of access to and use of the Contest, including without limitation: (i) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on- line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (ii) the failure of any entry and/or other information or materials to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or due to late or lost entries sent by mail or otherwise; (iii) any injury or damage to any individual’s or any other person’s or entity’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (iv) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (v) any combination of the above. In no event shall the Sponsor’s total liability to you for all damages, losses or causes of action exceed $100. Sponsor is not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of entry information; for errors in any entrant or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; for any human or electronic (including but not limited to programming) error; or for Entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, corrupted, delayed, lost, late, damaged, illegible or returned. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or any element thereof, without prior notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules).
Without limiting the foregoing, this Contest and the Prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, implied or direct. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitation of implied warranties so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restriction regarding these limitations or exclusions.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, the parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest and any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the Province of Ontario, City of Toronto. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in the Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the provincial and federal courts located in or closest to the City of Toronto in the Province of Ontario. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- LIMITS VERIFICATION: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest Administrator’s official time-keeping device(s).
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property and all of the promotional materials, web pages and source code are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized use or copy of any copyrighted material or trademarks without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- GENERAL. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries, other materials and/or entrants. By participating in this Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners using the Judging Criteria above from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such judging shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- POSTING OF THE WINNERS’ NAMES. Following winner verification, Sponsor shall post on the website at www.campbellsoup.ca the names of the winning Entrants (first name and first initial of surname). This information shall stay on this website for a period of at least thirty (30) days.
© 2020 Campbell Company of Canada. All Rights Reserved.
Instagram is a registered trademark of Instagram, LLC.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, LLC.