Campbell’s Grocery Giveaway Contest – Winter 2019
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Campbell’s Grocery Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Campbell Company of Canada (the “Sponsor”). LoyaltyOne, Co. (“LoyaltyOne”) is in no way connected to the management of this contest. The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM (ET) on March 7, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on April 10, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of Quebec or New Brunswick, who has reached the age of majority in their region of residence. Notwithstanding this, the Contest is not open to the employees, agents or representatives of Campbell Company of Canada, IGA, Tracy Locke Canada, The Marco Corporation (the “Contest Administrator”), and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”). This Contest is also not open to any members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the Contest Parties. In these Official Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter and/or legal or common-law spouse.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods for initiating entry into the Contest, as follows:
a. ENTER WITH PURCHASE:
During the Contest Period, you will automatically be entered each time you purchase any three (3) of the following Campbell’s Eligible Products, in the same transaction, and scan your AIR MILES®† Card, at a participating IGA or IGA Extra location in Quebec or New Brunswick.
- CAMPBELL’S® READY TO USE BROTHS
- CAMPBELL’S® CONDENSED SOUPS
- CAMPBELL’S® READY TO SERVE SOUPS
- CAMPBELL’S® CHUNKY® SOUPS AND CHILIS
- GOLDFISH® BAKED SNACK CRACKERS
- PEPPERIDGE FARM®COOKIES
- V8® VEGETABLE COCKTAILS
(each an “Eligible Product”, collectively “Eligible Products”).
If you do not have an AIR MILES Card, you can register to receive one free of charge by enrolling in the AIR MILES Reward Program at https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Enrollment. By enrolling to become an AIR MILES Collector you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program as amended from time to time.
One (1) entry per three (3) Eligible Products purchased.
b. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY – ENTER FOR FREE: If you are an eligible entrant, you may enter the Contest by printing your first name, last name, telephone number, and email address on a plain white piece of paper and mailing it in an envelope with sufficient pre-paid postage along with a fifty (50) to one hundred fifty (150) word unique and original handwritten essay telling us what is your favourite Campbell’s product and why to: Campbell’s Grocery Giveaway Contest, PO Box 4099, Paris, Ontario, N3L 3W9 (collectively, a “Mail-in Request”). Upon receipt of your Mail-in Request in accordance with these Official Rules, you will receive one (1) mail-in entry (each, a “Mail-in Entry”). To be eligible, a Mail-in Request must be post-marked during the Contest Period and received on or before 11:59:59 PM (ET) on the contest close date.
Each Mail-in Request must be unique, and sent separately in an envelope with sufficient pre-paid postage. The Sponsor takes no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, illegible, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed Mail-in Requests. No mechanically reproduced Mail-in Requests or facsimiles will be permitted. For greater certainty, any eligible entrant may submit a Mail-in Request.
4. RANDOM DRAW: A random draw will be held on April 19, 2019 (the “Draw Date”) at approximately 11:00 AM (ET) in Brantford, ON from among all eligible Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules by the Contest close date to determine two (2) Grand Prize Selected Entrants and one hundred (100) Secondary Prize Selected Entrants (each a “Selected Entrant,” collectively “Selected Entrants”). Each Selected Entrant will be contacted by telephone or email within two (2) business days of the Draw Date, using the profile information attached to the corresponding AIR MILES Collector Number. If any Selected Entrant: (a) cannot be reached by telephone or email within five (5) business days of the first attempt; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (see rule 6); (c) in the case of the Grand Prize selected entrant, fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 6a); and/or (d) is otherwise deemed by the Sponsor to be in violation of these Official Rules; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit any and all rights to the applicable Prize and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules by the Contest close date. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Selected Entrant.Odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules by the Contest close date and having correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question.
a. GRAND PRIZE: There will be two (2) Grand Prizes (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won as part of the Contest, consisting of free groceries for a year. Each grand prize will be awarded in the form of five thousand two hundred dollars ($5,200 CDN) in IGA gift cards. Gift cards are valid at participating Sobeys, IGA, IGA Extra, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, Price Chopper, FreshCo and Thrifty Foods stores in Canada. Gift Cards to be delivered to winners as a two hundred dollars ($200 CDN) gift card every two (2) weeks for one (1) year.
b. SECONDARY PRIZES:
There will be 100 Secondary Prizes (each a “Secondary Prize”) available to be won, each consisting of one (1) fifty dollar ($50 CDN) IGA gift card.
(Each Grand Prize and Secondary Prize a “Prize,” collectively “Prizes”). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to each Prize: (i) Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (no substitutions except at Sponsor’s option); (ii) all costs or expenses related to a Prize not expressly stated above as being included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner; (iii) if a winner does not utilize any part(s) of a Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized will be forfeited in their entirety and nothing will be substituted in their place; (iv) Sponsor reserves the right at any time to substitute any Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or a prize component of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award; and (v) by accepting a Prize, each winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Contest Parties, LoyaltyOne and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. None of the Contest Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of a Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from neither the Sponsor nor the Released Parties should his/her Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory.
7. GENERAL: All entries become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries, other materials and/or entrants. By participating in this Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME. The Released Parties will not be liable for any damages or loses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of access to and use of the Contest, including without limitation: (i) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on- line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (ii) the failure of any entry and/or other information or materials to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or due to late or lost entries sent by mail or otherwise; (iii) any injury or damage to any individual’s or any other person’s or entity’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (iv) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (v) any combination of the above. Selected Entrant also acknowledges and accepts that he or she understands and accepts that there may be risks of injury, loss or damage associated with the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of the Prize and attendance at any event or participation in certain Prize-related activities, and he/she voluntarily accepts these risks. Any Selected Entrant accepting a Prize agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims with respect to the foregoing.
Without limiting the foregoing, this Contest and the Prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, implied or direct. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitation of implied warranties so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restriction regarding these limitations or exclusions.
Except where prohibited by law, the parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest and any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the Province of Ontario, City of Toronto. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in the Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the provincial and federal courts located in or closest to the City of Toronto in the Province of Ontario. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Official Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
The Sponsor, subject to the consent of the Régie, reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant, Mail-in Request or entry with these Official Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Rules, or for any other reason. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials (including, without limitation, the French version of these Official Rules); the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. LIMITS VERIFICATION: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest Administrator’s official time-keeping device(s).
9. These full Official Rules are available on the Internet at http://www.campbellsoup.ca/FreeGroceriesIGA
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property and all of the promotional materials, web pages and source code are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized use or copy of any copyrighted material or trademarks without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
11. WINNERS’ NAMES: Following winner verification, Sponsor shall post on the website at WinGroceriesFromCampbells.ca the winners’ names (first name and first initial of surname). This information shall stay on this website for a period of at least thirty (30) days.
© 2019 Campbell Company of Canada. All Rights Reserved.
®†™† Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys Capital Incorporated.