CHOCOLATE-DIPPED HOLIDAY PRETZELS RECIPE
Here’s a great recipe that you and your kids can make together. Plus, they wrap up beautifully as a holiday gift! Goldfish® Grahams are available in handy 180 g packs – perfect for snacking.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 pretzels
- 2 cups (500 mL) molding chocolate
- 12 x 7-inch pretzel sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) crushed candy canes
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 36-40 Goldfish® Vanilla Cupcake Grahams
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside
- Place candy canes in a thick plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin
- Microwave chocolate in a 4 cup measuring cup for 2 minutes; remove from microwave and stir chocolate until melted completely
- Tip the measuring cup on an angle, then dip and roll each pretzel stick until coated with chocolate
- Hold pretzel over the measuring cup to catch excess drips, then lay pretzel on baking sheet
- Repeat, until all pretzels are coated with chocolate
- Add crushed candy cane pieces or dried cranberries, then Goldfish Grahams
- Place pretzels in the fridge for 3-5 minutes or until set
- Wrap up for holiday gift-giving or serve and enjoy!
- Try using different chocolate types to create variety: molding chocolate is available in milk, dark and white chocolate
- To use two or three different flavours of chocolate on each pretzel, dip the pretzel in your chosen base chocolate and drizzle second flavour on top.
- If dipped pretzels have set before you had a chance to decorate, dip a small brush into melted chocolate and paint the back of each ingredient to secure. Let set, wrap and enjoy.
HOLIDAY APPLE-KIWI WREATHS
Deck out your holiday table with our charming Apple-Kiwi Wreaths. This recipe is fun and easy to make, so include the kids in the decorating process. Choose large, fresh apples, yielding three slices per apple. Beautiful to look at, fun to make and delicious to eat!
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Makes: 6 wreaths
- 2 large apples, sliced horizontally into ½-inch thick slices
- ½ cup (125 mL) nut butter of your choice
- 2 fresh kiwi fruit, peeled, cut in half and sliced
- 2-3 tbsp (30 mL) dried cranberries
- 24 Goldfish® Grahams
- Use an apple corer or melon baller to remove the centre from each apple slice and lay them flat
- Spread each wreath evenly with nut butter
- Top with sliced kiwi
- Decorate with dried cranberries and add 4-5 Goldfish® Grahams to each wreath
- Serve and enjoy!
- If preparing apple slices ahead of time, soak in a bowl of lemon juice and water to prevent browning; pat each slice with paper towel before decorating
- Have fun with various dried fruits, nuts and seeds for a festive result
- Use a combination of red and green apples for this holiday treat
READY TO START?
Goldfish® Grahams are available in handy 180 g packs – perfect for snacking.
MEET THE GOLDFISH FAMILY